Your bi-weekly deduction will total less than $1, but those pennies can make a world of difference in the life of a child.
Up to one-third of our students come from families that earn below the poverty line of $20,000 a year.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic many in our TCDSB school communities have experienced reduced work hours or lost their jobs all together.
Did you know:
- AFL can feed one student for an entire day on just 30 cents?
- AFL provides 1.2 million meals every month, feeding 71,000 students in 167 schools?
- During the school closure from March through to September, AFL provided grocery gift cards to families totaling more than $1.5 million through the Food for Kids program?
- AFL supports TCDSB students and their families year round through the Angel Foundation’s Social Work Emergency Fund, student bursaries and Guardian Angel Programs?
- For each person who opts in to the Cents Off initiative, AFL can provide nutritious meals for one child for an entire month? Just think of what could be accomplished if all employees opted in.
Our work at The Angel Foundation for Learning is sustained by the donations we receive and through our fund-raising activities. The Cents-Off program, which is available to all TCDSB employees is potentially our largest source of revenue.
Sign-up to take part and the cents from each of your pay-cheques will be automatically donated to The Angel Foundation for Learning. You will receive a tax receipt for the amount of your donation, which will be reflected on your annual TCDSB T4 slip. Although it amounts to less than $25 per year, these small donations really add up and contribute to funding our student support programs. Specifically, money generated through the Cents-off program helps fund the Social Work Emergency Fund, the Camp Fund and the School Allocations Fund.
You can also choose to increase your donation to a set amount each pay-cheque. Every cent counts!
Note: If you have recently changed positions within the board, please check that you are still enrolled in the Cents-off program. We have had teachers (especially those in LTO positions) and administrators report that they no longer see the cents coming off their pay-cheques when they move to a new school or position. If this is the case, you must re-enroll!!! Thank you for your support.