Guardian Angel Funds
Bursaries and Awards
Over 59,000 TCDSB students receive a healthy breakfast or morning meal through the Student Nutrition Programs.
Each program is unique and a reflection of its community. Student Nutrition Programs (SNPs) are operated in schools by volunteers. Each program is universally offered to all students, serving 3 food groups, 5 days a week.
Some proven benefits of these programs are that they:
- provide nutrients and energy so that students are ready to learn and participate in school;
- create healthier eating habits; and
- support improved academic performance.
There are a variety of reasons why children come to school hungry, including:
- bussed-in students often eat very early and are hungry again once the school day begins;
- working parents maintain busy schedules and are unable to ensure that breakfast is eaten daily;
- or unfortunately, there is not enough food in the home.
Municipal and provincial government grants subsidize approximately 25% of the costs associated with running SNPs. Each school provides the balance through fundraising, parent donations and corporate donations.
Your donation can help bridge the gap to achieve a sustainable program. Donors may direct funds to a particular school.
You can direct your donation to the Student Nutrition Program Wing of Support through our Canada Helps page.
If you are interested in volunteering in a SNP, contact the school principal.
SNP volunteer coordinators are required to report to the Nutrition Managers at the Angel Foundation for Learning (AFL) on a monthly basis using the SNP Monthly Financial Reports. The AFL in turn must report to the Municipal and the Provincial government.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Tocci, Manager, Operations and Programs.
Tel: 416-222-8282, ext. 2844
SNP Monthly Financial Report Training Session
To Be Announced.