APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING OFFICER
Salary: $40,000 – $47,000
The Angel Foundation for Learning is a not-for-profit agency, and the official charity of the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB). Through program funding grants from provincial and municipal governments, combined with public and private donations from sponsors, TCDSB parents and volunteers, the Angel Foundation is able to assist, inspire and nurture TCDSB students through its four wings of support: Student Nutrition programs; Guardian Angel Funds; School Allocation Funds; and Bursaries and Awards.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Accounting Officer is the key support providing assistance for the management of Foundation’s core programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor cash flow, identify and recommend investment opportunities.
- Routine banking, including deposits.
- Monthly bank reconciliation.
- Maintain general ledger chart of accounts.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of quarterly WSIB filing and remittance.
- Receipt and disbursement of government grants and donations for Student Nutrition Programs.
- Preparation of periodic reporting based on Student Nutrition Program funding contracts.
- Issue tax receipts for eligible donations.
- Assist with external audit, including preparation of year end working papers.
- Review and analysis of monthly Student Nutrition Program school reports.
- Present at training sessions to Student Nutrition Program Volunteer Coordinators and School Administration on how to complete monthly Student Nutrition Program Monthly Financial reports.
- Liaise with the Treasurer of The Angel Foundation for Learning, to ensure appropriate record-keeping and accountability of funds are managed through the Nutrition Program bank account and SAP, as well as quarterly financial reports to the AFL Board of Directors
- Be available to provide onsite support during all major fundraising events of the Foundation
- Assist with other duties as assigned or requested by the Executive Director.
- Post-secondary education and a minimum two (2) years related finance and accounting experience with priority given to those currently seeking a CPA designation, or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles, account reconciliation and financial reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office – (Word) and superior skills with Excel.
- Experience using QuickBooks accounting software.
- Experience and/or knowledge working with SAP and Ceridian payroll systems would be an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a car is an asset.
Individual must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- A self-starter possessing strong interpersonal and organizational capabilities
- Strong leadership, self-motivated and be able to motivate and influence others
- Ability to plan and facilitate workshops and meetings
- Be able to manage a multitude of priorities and tasks; ability to keep strict confidence; be able to work independently and take initiative; and be able to work collaboratively as part of a team in a changing environment
Hours of Work
- The individual will work 37.5 hours per week.
- The Angel Foundation for Learning follows the TCDSB school calendar with office closures for the Christmas Holidays, March Break and immediately following the first week in July for the summer.
- Hours of work are flexible and may involve some early mornings, evenings and summer meetings.
Note: This position is a permanent position which closely aligns with the academic year. Employment runs from the last week of August through the first week of July. Additional unpaid time off includes two weeks at Christmas and one week in March (School March Break).
Please submit your application and supporting documents electronically by Friday, December 20, 2019 to John Yan, Executive Director, the Angel Foundation for Learning at: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.